Fechas: 06-Oct-2010 – 08-Oct-2010
Lugar: Hamburg, Germany
Web Site: http://www.mims.uni-hamburg.de/
The Collaborative Research Centre on Multilingualism at the University of Hamburg will be hosting an International Conference on «Multilingual Individuals and Multilingual Societies», which will be held from October 6 – 8, 2010.
The conference will focus on the following topics:
– multilingual acquisition
– multilingual communities and multilingual communication
– linguistic variation
– language contact
– language attrition
– linguistic minorities
– educational challenges in multilingual societies
– multilingual language corpora
We invite proposals for: colloquia/workshops, individual papers, and posters on the topics listed above. Abstracts should be submitted in electronic form. The deadline for abstract submission is February 15, 2010. All abstracts will be peer reviewed.
Information concerning the required structure of the abstracts and proposals as well as the relevant submission procedure can be found on the conference website (http://www.mims.uni-hamburg.de/submission.html).
A selection of papers will be published in the conference volume «Multilingual Individuals and Multilingual Societies» in the Series Hamburg Studies on Multilingualism (John Benjamins, Amsterdam).
– Ingrid Gogolin (University of Hamburg)
– Jürgen M. Meisel (Universities of Hamburg & Calgary)
– Peter Svenonius (University of Tromsoe)
– Donald Winford (Ohio State University)
Submissions will be accepted from December 1, 2009 until February 15, 2010.